Photo by Sigmund on Unsplash.com
Hamlin Township Transfer Site
Location of the Hamlin Transfer Site is on West Dewey Road. Phone number is (231) 845-7433. Attendants on site during open hours.
Hamlin Township garbage bags MUST be used, and can be purchased on site or at the Hamlin Township office. Bags available are 30 gallon green bags (10 bags for $11) and 13 gallon purple bags(10 bags for $5).
- October 1st-April 30th, 9am-5pm; Wednesday and Saturday
- May 1st-September 30th, 10am-6pm; Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
Recycling is available with a Hamlin Township Sticker. Current recycling stickers expire at the end of May, and new ones for the next year may be purchased at the transfer site or Hamlin Township Office in May for $15 per year for residents and $50 per year for non-residents.
These items are accepted at the drop off site for recycling:
- Newspapers, color comics, glossy inserts, telephone books, magazines & catalogs (in paper grocery bags)
- Corrugated cardboard (please flatten boxes and cut into 2′ squares)
- Lightweight cardboard used in cereal, cracker, and cookie boxes (please flatten and cut into 2′ squares)
- Office & Computer Paper
- #1, #2, and #5 Plastic Bottles and Jugs, milk and water jugs, laundry and hair care product bottles etc. with the symbol on the bottom. Clear and all colors. (Rinse, labels OK, discard caps.)
- Clear Glass Bottles & Jars (Rinse, labels OK, discard lids. No Pyrex, window glass, ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors, beverage glasses, or broken window glass.)
- Metal Food & Beverage Cans, Aluminum Baking Tins & Foil
Tin, steel and aluminum cans that held food or beverages, and aluminum baking tins and aluminum foil. Rinsed clean. Labels OK.
- Call: 1-866-922-2876
- Open at the Transfer Site, Property owner should secure a free voucher at the Hamlin Township Office and place leaves in corral towards the back. No garbage.