Photo by Todd & Brad Reed Photography
Our Top 50 Cool Things to Do in the Ludington Area
1. Walk out to the North Breakwater Light to watch Ludington’s own carferry, the S.S. Badger, pass by.
2. Spend a sunny day at one of the many clean beaches.
3. Explore the magnificence of the Ludington Pumped Storage Plant.
4. Watch the golden sunset at Stearns Park.
5. Discover Mason County’s heritage at Historic White Pine Village.
6. Bring the family downtown to watch a good old-fashioned July 4th parade.
7. Kick off your shoes and feel the sand between your toes.
8. Browse for antiques and collectibles in our unique stores.
9. Enjoy a delicious ice cream cone on a really hot day.
10. Board the S.S. Badger carferry for a memorable trip across the lake.
11. “Sleep under the stars” in one of the area’s campsites.
12. Participate in the Mason County Library’s summer reading program.
13. Enjoy Michigan farm fresh fruits and vegetables from a local farm market.
14. Experience the joy of fishing year ’round.
15. See how much fun you and your friends can have during a game of mini-golf.
16. Feel the “boom” of our spectacular Freedom Festival fireworks.
17. Watch the sun rise over Lincoln Lake from Stearns Park Beach.
18. Drive around our neighborhoods to see the winter light displays.
19. Take a drive down Ludington Avenue in the summertime to soak in the colorful beauty of the petunias.
20. Fire up the grill for a delicious outdoor barbecue.
21. Play a rousing game of volleyball with friends at the beach.
22. Explore the Ludington State Park with the snowshoes you just made in their workshop.
23. Take a bike hike around town, through the marina and along the lakeshore.
24. Experience the magnificence of a truly clear starry night, without interference from big city lights.
25. Discover the historical beauty of our area’s lighthouses.
26. Rent a canoe, pontoon or kayak for a relaxing day on Hamlin Lake.
27. Take an exhilarating ride over the dunes at Silver Lake.
28. Golf among the pines at one of the many picturesque courses in the area.
29. Bring the kids to the Waterfront Park‘s wonderful playground, while you admire the surrounding sculptures.
30. Let the breathtaking colors of fall envelop you as you drive or walk the leaf-strewn streets.
31. Check out the artisan/farm market and enjoy live music in Legacy Plaza on Fridays during the summer.
32. Take the kids to Sandcastles Children’s Museum conveniently located in downtown Ludington.
33. For a day you won’t forget, head out on Lake Michigan aboard a charter boat.
34. Ludington has its own wind farm, called Lake Winds Energy Park. View 56 wind turbines just south of town.
35. Catch a play or concert, or take a class at the Ludington Area Center for the Arts.
36. While at Stearns Park Beach, let the kids expend some energy at Ludington’s Skate Plaza.
37. Shop for goodies and treasures during the summer at one of two Art Fairs in downtown Ludington’s Rotary Park.
38. You’ll want to be in Ludington on New Year’s Eve to experience our very own Lighted Ball Drop. Fireworks, music, and drinks round out a great way to ring in the new year!
39. Pamper yourself with a massage, facial, manicure, or pedicure at one of Ludington’s salons.
40. Check out the natural beauty of the Ludington State Park with a hike, a float down the river, or a relaxing day on the beaches of Lake Michigan or Hamlin Lake.
41. Celebrate the start of fall at Ludington’s annual Octoberfest.
42. Enjoy some Shakespeare at the Stratford Off the Avenue Theatre Festival.
43. Canoe, kayak, or go fishing on the Pere Marquette River.
44. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack at one of Ludington’s many great dining establishments.
45. Check out the Port of Ludington Maritime Museum located in the former Coast Guard Station.
46. Groove down to Waterfront Park for the popular West Shore Bank Rhythym & Dunes Concerts.
47. Participate in one of many ice fishing tournaments during the winter months.
48. Run one of the most beautiful courses in Michigan at the Ludington Lakestride 5k, 10k, & Half Marathon.
49. Check out some of Ludington’s featured Things to Do.
50. Ludington has so much to do all year long so check out their top events.
Discover more around Ludington!
What's happening now in Ludington?
Advertisement – Please scroll below for more information.
More Activities & Attractions in Ludington
Visit the new Value of Sports Museum located at Historic White Pine Village just a short drive from Ludington.
There are so many things to see and do in Ludington! Don’t miss a single activity during your visit by exploring VisitLudington.com!
Check out our picks for the top 50 coolest things to do in Ludington, Michigan, along the shores of Lake Michigan.
The bronzed sculptures in Ludington’s 5-acre Waterfront Park sets it apart from other parks. The park is situated on the Lake Michigan inlet.
Ludington visitors flock to the area to view our two majestic lighthouses, the North Breakwater Light and Big Sable Point Lighthouse.
Small destinations within themselves, visitors of Hamlin Lake will go on an adventure to find their perfect dune.
Discover small town life in the late 1800s and early 1900s at Historic White Pine Village in Ludington, overlooking Lake Michigan.
Ludington’s North Breakwater Light is the number one lighthouse to see in Michigan! Take a trip along the breakwater path to see it up close!
If there’s one thing that Hamlin Lake is known for, it’s excellent fishing. Catch crappie, bluegill, and more across thousands of acres.
Take a paddle down the Hamlin Lake Canoe Trail. Venture out on the trip yourself, or join a guided trip lead by Dune Grass Concessions.