Discover all of the different trails and tours that Ludington has to offer! Discover a water path, hiking trail, or an art work stop!
Photo by Todd & Brad Reed Photography
Follow the Agricultural Trail Through Mason and Oceana Counties
Agriculture plays a large role in the economics of Mason County. The area is rich in farmland with more than 1,000 farms covering over 200,000 acres. Main crops include sweet corn, asparagus, apples, strawberries and blueberries, with numerous dairy farms that produce milk and cheese. The newly-formed Agricultural Trail is comprised of 17 stops within Mason and Oceana counties that include farms, farmers markets, and a winery. Most are open to the public for shopping and/or tours, but some stops are seasonal. The Agricultural Trail is part of a series of self-guided tours with audio-visual narration through your smartphone.
Stops on the Agricultural Tour. Dial (231) 480-3084 then put in the extension listed below:
- (300) “Fruits of Farming” Sculpture- Waterfront Park- 391 S. William St., Ludington
- (301) House of Flavors– 402 W. Ludington Ave., Ludington
- (302) Ludington Petunia Parade– Municipal Marina- 400 W. Filer St., Ludington
- (303) Mason County Fairgrounds– 5302 W. US-10, Ludington
- (304) Orchard Market– 8418 N. US-31, Freesoil
- (305) Farm Cheese Dairy– 4295 E. Millerton Rd, Fountain
- (306) Sanders Meats– 237 S. Main St., Custer
- (307) Western Michigan Old Engine Club– 700 S. Scottville Rd., Scottville
- (309) Historic White Pine Village– 1687 S. Lakeshore Dr., Ludington
- (310) Christofferson Farms– 3441 S. Morton Rd, Ludington
- (311) Kistlercrest Farms– 4049 S. PM Hwy, Ludington
- (312) The Jam Farm– 5075 W. Meisenheimer Rd., Ludington
- (313) New Horizon Farm– 1981 W. Marrison Rd., Pentwater
- (314) The Fox Barn Market & Winery– 500 S. 18th Ave., Shelby
- (315) Lewis Farm Market & Petting Zoo– 4180 W. M-20, New Era
- (316) Country Dairy– 3476 S. 80th Ave., New Era
More Trails & Tours in Ludington
The Ludington State Park trails are as varied as they are beautiful. Hike or bike 18 miles of eight marked trails with information kiosks.
The Maritime Heritage Trail highlights the lighthouses, industries, art, and figures that make up the maritime history of Mason County!
The Ludington Pumped Storage Plant and Lakewinds Energy Park are the two main sources of energy that power Ludington! Check them out!
The Barn Quilt Trail, highlighting the lost art of barn decor, is one of four trails that comprise the Mason County Cultural Trails.
Agriculture plays a large role in the economics of Mason County. Take this self-guided tour to learn about agriculture in Mason County.
The Music Heritage Trail will take you from Idlewild to Baldwin and from Scottville to Ludington as it explores the historic music scene!
Mason County is home to several trails that tell stories with fascinating histories. Explore these self-guided tours to learn about each one!
Water fun in the Ludington State Park! Float down the Big Sable River, paddle Hamlin Lake water trails, launch a pleasure boat, or swim!
The Mason County Sculpture Trail was launched in 2012 and includes nine sculptures in Ludington, Scottville, and Fountain.