Water fun in the Ludington State Park! Float down the Big Sable River, paddle Hamlin Lake water trails, launch a pleasure boat, or swim!
Photo by Todd & Brad Reed Photography
Follow the Agricultural Trail Through Mason and Oceana Counties
Agriculture plays a large role in the economics of Mason County. The area is rich in farmland with more than 1,000 farms covering over 200,000 acres. Main crops include sweet corn, asparagus, apples, strawberries and blueberries, with numerous dairy farms that produce milk and cheese. The newly-formed Agricultural Trail is comprised of 17 stops within Mason and Oceana counties that include farms, farmers markets, and a winery. Most are open to the public for shopping and/or tours, but some stops are seasonal. The Agricultural Trail is part of a series of self-guided tours with audio-visual narration through your smartphone.
Stops on the Agricultural Tour. Dial (231) 480-3084 then put in the extension listed below:
- (300) “Fruits of Farming” Sculpture- Waterfront Park- 391 S. William St., Ludington
- (301) House of Flavors– 402 W. Ludington Ave., Ludington
- (302) Ludington Petunia Parade– Municipal Marina- 400 W. Filer St., Ludington
- (303) Mason County Fairgrounds– 5302 W. US-10, Ludington
- (304) Orchard Market– 8418 N. US-31, Freesoil
- (305) Farm Cheese Dairy– 4295 E. Millerton Rd, Fountain
- (306) Sanders Meats– 237 S. Main St., Custer
- (307) Western Michigan Old Engine Club– 700 S. Scottville Rd., Scottville
- (309) Historic White Pine Village– 1687 S. Lakeshore Dr., Ludington
- (310) Christofferson Farms– 3441 S. Morton Rd, Ludington
- (311) Kistlercrest Farms– 4049 S. PM Hwy, Ludington
- (312) The Jam Farm– 5075 W. Meisenheimer Rd., Ludington
- (313) New Horizon Farm– 1981 W. Marrison Rd., Pentwater
- (314) The Fox Barn Market & Winery– 500 S. 18th Ave., Shelby
- (315) Lewis Farm Market & Petting Zoo– 4180 W. M-20, New Era
- (316) Country Dairy– 3476 S. 80th Ave., New Era
More Trails & Tours in Ludington
Take a paddle down the Hamlin Lake Canoe Trail. Venture out on the trip yourself, or join a guided trip lead by Dune Grass Concessions.
The Mason County Sculpture Trail was launched in 2012 and includes nine sculptures in Ludington, Scottville, and Fountain.
Discover all of the different trails and tours that Ludington has to offer! Discover a water path, hiking trail, or an art work stop!
The Maritime Heritage Trail highlights the lighthouses, industries, art, and figures that make up the maritime history of Mason County!
The Music Heritage Trail will take you from Idlewild to Baldwin and from Scottville to Ludington as it explores the historic music scene!
Agriculture plays a large role in the economics of Mason County. Take this self-guided tour to learn about agriculture in Mason County.
Both beginners and experienced cyclists will enjoy the variety of trails available to explore in Ludington!
Within the downtown Ludington region, several murals grace the façades of local area businesses, telling stories of the area’s rich history.
The Barn Quilt Trail, highlighting the lost art of barn decor, is one of four trails that comprise the Mason County Cultural Trails.