Find out what’s biting and where fish are being caught in the Ludington area. Fishing reports by local charter captains, DNR, fisherman.
Current Ludington Fishing Reports
Photo by Todd and Brad Reed
Whether it’s fishing for salmon on Lake Michigan, or catching your limit on Ludington’s Pere Marquette Lake–we’ve got the best variety of fishing here in Ludington. Some of the best charter captains on Lake Michigan make Ludington their home port, and will happily take people out on the lake to fish for salmon and trout. Anglers also love fishing in Ludington during the winter.
Scroll Down for the Newest Ludington Fishing Report
Lake Michigan Charter Fishing Report August 15, 2021
by Rod Master Gary Smith —The bumpy morning ride out in the dark was followed by a slow start with one fish in the first hour. Then Captain Joe Marion was blessed with a BIRTHDAY surprise and the coho feeding frenzy began. The Parnicky Family battled their way to 14 of 28 bites to the cooler. 9 Coho, 4 Steelies and 1 king came back to the fish cleaning station today. The Coho were quick to hit, run, twist, turn and miss. The mayhem of bites came on:
– 300 Copper with a mag Moonshine Bloody Nose
– 400 Copper with a Dreamweaver Dragon Slayer 8 in Spin Doctor with a Modified Blue Fairways meat rig
– High Diver out 175 with a Dreamweaver Blue Green Dolphin spoon
– Low diver with a 8 in Dreamweaver Dragon Slayer Spin Doctor and a Pickled sunshine Fly
– Rigger down 75 with a regular Moonshine Sarge spoon and Yeck Fireball spoon as a pinned slider
– Chute rigger with a all natural glow Dreamweaver Captains Choice Plug early in the morning then a 8 in Dreamweaver Blue Bubble spin doctor and Blue Bubble Fly
– Rigger down 80 with Magnum Moonshine Green Knight spoon and Magnum moonshine green jeans spoon pinned above
– Low diver 160 with Dreamweaver 8 in double glo white crush spindoctor/ blue fairways meat rig
– High diver 200 with 8 in Dreamweaver Dragon slayer spindoctor with liquid sunshine fly
– 450 copper with Moonshine regular RV bad toad spoon
– 350 copper with Magnum Moonshine flounder pounder spoon
Lake Michigan Charter Fishing Report July 17, 2021
by Captain Mike Darke of Lie-A-Lot Charters — Another great morning of fishing aboard the Lie A Lot! Big water froggy meat rig went 3 times so far and the green mile both on divers! Get to Ludington soon! Fishing’s been good! Call Lie A Lot Charters at (800) 850-1978.
Lake Michigan Charter Fishing Report July 15, 2021
by Captain Mike Darke of Lie-A-Lot Charters — The Lie A Lot had one of those magical mornings yesterday! Sooo much fun hearing them drags screaming! Even had a triple around 8am! One ran into the other and sawed it off! It slid down the other, wrapped up in it and we reeled in 50lbs of kings! Great morning out of Ludington! Big water tackles green mile meat rigs and froggy meat rigs behind Dreamweaver spin doctor were the ticket! (800) 850-1978
Lake Michigan Charter Fishing Report May 8, 2021
by Captain Mike Darke of Lie-A-Lot Charters — Had another great trip with Mike and Wendy!!!! Started out a little slow then picked up in a hurry!!! Fish came suspended on a 7 color leadcore and off bottom with spin n glows behind chrome and gold dreamweaver spin doctors!!!! Give me a call the fishing is very good and the weather is heating up!! (800)-850-1978
More Area Fishing Reports:
More Fishing in Ludington...
No matter your experience level, Ludington area charter captains will guide you in what to bring and what to expect on the big lake.
“Fish on For Freedom” is a non-profit event that provides a free day of fishing to military veterans on Lake Michigan.
Here you will find past fishing reports for the Ludington area, including Lake Michigan, PM Lake, PM River, and Hamlin Lake.
Ludington fishing tournaments give anglers a chance to add a little money to their pocket in addition to the fish in their bucket.
The very popular Ludington Offshore Classic Fishing Tournament sponsored by Captain Chuck’s takes place each July in Ludington.
You’ll find personal, friendly, and cozy accommodations at a Ludington Bed & Breakfast, many of which are located within Victorian homes.
There are many places for anglers to try their luck, and Ludington has such a great variety of fish. The area also has great charter captains.