Photo by Noah Buscher on Unsplash.com
Ludington Earth Day Events
Each April, AFFEW (A Few Friends for the Environment of the World) hosts an annual Earth Day event in Ludington.
The 2022 event was held at the Ludington United Methodist Church- 5810 E. Bryant Rd. The theme was “Investing in Our Planet”.
Here’s a list of activities that took place in 2022:
- All Day – Informational & educational booth, kids activities
- 10am – Doors Open
- 11am-12pm – Green Investing with Tanya Lesinski of Edward Jones and Claudia Meyers, green investor
- 11am-12pm – Live Turtles and a PowerPoint Presentation about Michigan’s four rare, state-protected species with Jim & Carroll McGrath of Nature Discovery
- 11:30-2:30pm – Tours of the U-Dig It Community Garden
- 12-3:30pm – Live pastel painting with Marie Marfia (painting will be silent auctioned)
- 12:10-12:55pm – Guided Nature Tours with local plant/wildlife enthusiast, author, and photographer Dave Dister
- 1-2pm – How to Build Bluebird Trails with John Harville of the Michigan Bluebird Society
- 1-2pm – Presentation on vermicomposting (using earthworms to break organic materials into fertilzer) by Elana Warsen of Michigan Worm Works
- 2-3pm – Music with String a Longs
- 3-4pm – Green Burial Practices with Russ Burns of All Saint Cemetery in Muskegon, Ludington’s Lakeview Cemetery Sexton Kirt Caithamer, and Randy Wyman, Director of Wyman Funeral & Cremation Services of Scottville
- 3-4pm – The Benefits of Solar Energy with Robert Rafson, owner of Chart House Energy solar development firm
Stay tuned for information on Earth Day Events in 2023!
For more information on Ludington’s Earth Day events, please contact: