The Ludington State Park offers winter activities. With snowshoeing tours, cross country skiing, and natural beauty, it’s a winter paradise!
Photo by Noah Buscher on Unsplash.com
Ludington Earth Day Events
Each April, AFFEW (A Few Friends for the Environment of the Worl3) hosts an annual Earth Day event in Ludington.
The event is typically held at the Ludington United Methodist Church- 5810 E. Bryant Rd. from 11am-4pm. The 2023 theme was “Invest in our Planet” and the event included a variety of speakers, informational booths representing the community and our partners, activities for children including a live reptile show and a guided hike, and tours of the U Dig It Community Garden located behind the church.
Here's the schedule of activities from 2023:
- 10am – Guided Hike with local plant/wildlife enthusiast, author, and photographer Dave Dister
- 11am-12pm – Identifying and Treating Invasive Species with Vicki Sawicki, coordinator for NCCISMA and Bri Jasinski,v HWA Project Manager at Mason-Lake Conservation District
- 11am-3pm – Informational & educational booths
- 11am-3pm – Earthly Treats by Dannee & Kaye
- 11:30am-12:30pm – Bikes & Transportation with AFFEW Board Member Sharon Edgar
- 11:30am-2pm – Tours of the U-Dig It Community Garden
- 1-2pm – Keynote Speakers: A Conversation About Environmental Protection in Michigan with Dave Dempsey, prolific author about Michigan’s environment and environmental leadership, and his guest Lois DeBacker, managing director of The Kresge Foundation’s Environment Program
- 2-3pm – Musical Fun with the String-a-Longs
- 2:30-3:45pm – Snakes Alive! An interactive presentation on Michigan snakes by Biologists Jim and Carol McGrath who own and operate private nature center, Nature Discovery, in Williamston, Michigan
For more information on Ludington’s Earth Day events, please contact:
Stay tuned for information on Earth Day events for 2024!
What's going on now in Ludington?
Discover more to do in Ludington!
Advertisement – Please scroll below for more information.
More Activities & Attractions in Ludington
There are many places for anglers to try their luck, and Ludington has such a great variety of fish. The area also has great charter captains.
Hamlin Lake is where you want to be. It offers terrific summer recreation, including swimming, boating, tubing, and more!
The Mason County Sculpture Trail was launched in 2012 and includes nine sculptures in Ludington, Scottville, and Fountain.
West Michigan weather – they say if you don’t like the weather in Ludington, wait a few minutes and it will change.
The fun doesn’t end when the sun goes down here in Ludington! Nightlife here includes festivals, cozy restaurants, and local performances.
Mason County is home to several trails that tell stories with fascinating histories. Explore these self-guided tours to learn about each one!
The S.S. Badger Carferry is a fun and relaxing shortcut across Lake Michigan between Ludington, Michigan and Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
Farm Markets & U-Pick farms offer locally grown and organic produce, flowers, plants, seeds, and more in West Michigan.
Check out our picks for the top 50 coolest things to do in Ludington, Michigan, along the shores of Lake Michigan.
The aerial view of Big Sable Point features Hamlin Lake, Ludington State Park, and Big Sable Point Lighthouse on Lake Michigan.