Fall Events in Ludington
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash.com
Autumn is such a great season here in Ludington. You can visit a multitude of festivals, take a fall color tour to view the spectacular oranges, reds and yellows that take over the landscape, and just enjoy the cool, crisp air. Halloween is not just for kids- many local businesses sponsor various parties and events that are fun for the entire family.
For more information on Trick or Treat dates and locations, read our Halloween story.
Many Halloween events were canceled or modified in 2020 due to health concerns relating to the Covid-19 virus. Check back here often for the most updated information on 2021 events.
Fun Fall Events Currently Scheduled
- September 24th-25th – Octoberfest Craft Beer & Music Festival in downtown Ludington
- October 1st-3rd – Halloween Weekend for campers at Ponchos Pond- 5335 W. Wallace Rd. in Ludington. The event includes trick-or-treating, a site decorating contest, kids’ pumpkin carving, costume contest and more. Visit poncho.com to reserve your campsite.
- October 1st-3rd – Halloween at the Station for campers at Vacation Station RV Resort- 5061 W. US 10 in Ludington. The event includes spooky train rides, pumpkin decorating, trick-or-treating, and a site decorating contest. Visit vacationstationrvresort.com to reserve your campsite.
- October 8th-10th – Halloween Weekend for campers at Ponchos Pond- 5335 W. Wallace Rd. in Ludington. The event includes trick-or-treating, a site decorating contest, kids’ pumpkin carving, costume contest and more. Visit poncho.com to reserve your campsite.
- Saturday, October 16th, 7:30-10:30pm. Haunted Forest to benefit Connexion Point, Inc. $5/person, under 3 free. Not recommended for small children. Drive through. Cartier Park- 1254 N. Lakeshore Dr. in Ludington.
- Saturday, October 30th, 9am – Run for Your Lives 5k & Half Marathon in Downtown Ludington. Visit downtownludington.org for more information.
Fun Fall Events That Typically Take Place
- Harvest Hootenanny for campers at Kibby Creek Campground- 4900 W. Deren Rd. in Ludington. The event includes cider, donuts, hayrides, magic pumpkin planting, tie dye trick-or-treat bags, trick-or-treating, and a spooky nature walk Saturday night! Visit kibbycreek.com to reserve your campsite.
- Dolloween Show at Barley & Rye- 107 W. Ludington Ave. Artist Laurie Carey displays her unique and spooky doll creations.
- Pumpkin Palooza at the Ludington Library- 217 E. Ludington Ave. and the Scottville Library- 204 E. State St.
- Mason County Mutts Halloween Spooktacular at Medilodge of Ludington- 1000 E. Tinkham Ave. Bring your pets dressed in costume. Costume contest and lots of prizes.
- Friends of the Ludington State Park Fall Celebration at Ludington State Park Beach House. The event includes a horse-drawn wagon ride, doughnut holes, apple juice, music by The Road Less Traveled, a beach campfire and the beautiful views at the Lake Michigan Beach House. The event is sponsored by Friends of Ludington State Park in conjunction with Ludington State Park and Soberalski Farm’s Draft Horses of Pere Marquette Township. There is no cost to attend with the Michigan Recreation Passport but donations to and membership with the Friends of the Ludington State Park are encouraged.
- Fall Fest Weekend at Mason County Reformed Church- 45 S. Amber Rd. in Ludington. Admission is free and open to the public. Lve music, chili cookoff, Pig Roast and family fun!
- Halloween Hustle 1-Mile Race beginning at the Cartier Park Gazebo- 1254 N. Lakeshore Dr. in Ludington. 1 Mile Fun Run for students in Grades K-5 at Cartier Park. Runners will begin and end at the gazebo. Drivers must enter from Lakeshore Drive.
- Boy Scout Troop 1190 Haunted House at the Community Church- 109 N. Harrison in Ludington.
- Ludrock’s Night of Fright at Ludington Area Center for the Arts- 107 S. Harrison St, Ludington.
- Spooky Slow Roll– Night-time bicycle ride, which makes its way around town for about 5 miles. Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes, and others will be raffled, to those who are brave enough to ride. Expect surprises.
- Halloween Charity Event at Photography by Sue Brown- 1676 W. Hansen Road, Scottville. Free photo with donation to United Way of Mason County