Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash.com
Autumn is such a great season here in Ludington. You can visit a multitude of festivals, take a fall color tour to view the spectacular oranges, reds and yellows that take over the landscape, and just enjoy the cool, crisp air. Halloween is not just for kids- many local businesses sponsor various parties and events that are fun for the entire family.
For more information on Trick or Treat dates and locations, read our Halloween story.
Fun Fall Events That Are Currently Scheduled
- Friday, September 29th-Saturday, September 30th, 2023 – Harvest Weekend for campers at Kibby Creek Campground- 4900 W. Deren Rd. in Ludington. Visit kibbycreek.com to reserve your campsite.
- Friday, September 29th-Sunday, October 1st, 2023 – Halloween at the Station for campers at Vacation Station RV Resort- 5061 W. US 10 in Ludington. These events includes spooky train rides, pumpkin decorating, trick-or-treating, and a site decorating contest. Visit vacationstationrvresort.com to reserve your campsite.
- Saturday, September 30th, 2023 from 2-6pm – Octoberfest Craft Beer & Music Festival in downtown Ludington.
- Friday, October 6th-Saturday, October 7th, 2023 – Harvest Weekend for campers at Kibby Creek Campground- 4900 W. Deren Rd. in Ludington. Visit kibbycreek.com to reserve your campsite.
- Friday, October 6th-Sunday, October 8th, 2023 – Halloween Weekend for campers at Ponchos Pond- 5335 W. Wallace Rd. in Ludington. The event includes trick-or-treating, a site decorating contest, kids’ pumpkin carving, costume contest and more. Visit poncho.com to reserve your campsite.
- Friday, October 6th-Sunday, October 8th, 2023 – Halloween at the Station for campers at Vacation Station RV Resort- 5061 W. US 10 in Ludington. These events includes spooky train rides, pumpkin decorating, trick-or-treating, and a site decorating contest. Visit vacationstationrvresort.com to reserve your campsite.
- Saturday, October 7th, 2023 from 1-5pm – Fall Festival at the Ludington State Park– 8800 M-116, Ludington. Event includes horse-drawn wagon rides, live music, beach bonfire, apples, donuts, and cider. Free event but donations are appreciated.
- Thursday, October 12th, 2023 from 6-8:30pm – Witchy Wine & Canvas with Faire Heart at Blu Moon Bistro- 125 S. James St., Ludington. Tickets are $45 and include painting supplies and charcuterie, cash bar available. Buy tickets here.
- Friday, October 13th-Sunday, October 15th, 2023 – Halloween Weekend for campers at Ponchos Pond- 5335 W. Wallace Rd. in Ludington. The event includes trick-or-treating, a site decorating contest, kids’ pumpkin carving, costume contest and more. Visit poncho.com to reserve your campsite.
- Saturday, October 14th, 2023 from Dusk-10:30pm – “A Scream in the Night” Halloween Drive-thru event to benefit Connexion Point Addiction Treatment & Recovery Program. $5 per person. Cartier Park Campground- 1254 N. Lakeshore Dr., Ludington.
- Friday, October 20th, 2023 from 5-7pm – Footsteps for Families Pumpkins in the Park 1-Mile Fundraiser Walk to benefit West Shore Family Support. Glow items, coffee, hot chocolate, and donuts will be provided. Free and open to the public. Cartier Park Walkway Loop- 1101 N. Rath Ave., Ludington.
- Saturday, October 21st, 2023 from 3-5pm – Haunted Village at Historic White Pine Village– 1687 S. Lakeshore Dr. in Ludington. Children are encouraged to wear costumes and trick or treat throughout the historic buildings in the village. Admission is $7.50 for adults, $6.50 for seniors 60 & up, $5.50 for youth ages 4-13, 3 & under free.
- Sunday, October 22nd, 2023 from 2-4pm – Spooky Slow Roll Bike Ride beginning at Spindrift Cyclesports- 102 W. Ludington Ave. Costumes are encouraged and snacks and prizes will be provided.
- Wednesday, October 25th, 2023 at 6pm – Halloween Family Fun Run/Walk to benefit the Childhood Cancer Campaign. Participation is by donation and costumes are encouraged. There will also be candy, cider, and donuts. Cartier Park Pavilion in Ludington.
- Friday, October 27th, 2023 from 5-9pm – Annual Harvest Festival at The Inn at Ludington- 701 E. Ludington Ave., Ludington.Games, Prizes, Costumes, Candy, Food, Punch and so much more! The event will include a Blueberry Pie Eating Contest at 5:30pm, Harvest Maypole Dance at 6:30pm, and a Ka-Pong Tournament at 7:30pm. There will also be games, prizes, costumes, candy, food, punch, and more. Proceeds to benefit Blue Hat Ministries.
- Friday, October 27th, 2023 from 9pm-12am – Halloween Party at the Mitten Bar– 109 W. Ludington Ave., Ludington. Featuring live music by the Bootstrap Boys.
- Saturday, October 28th, 2023 at 9am – Run for Your Lives 5k & Half Marathon in Downtown Ludington.
- Saturday, October 28th, 2023 from 11am-12pm – Halloween Rock Painting at Sandcastles Children’s Museum- 125 E. Ludington Ave., Ludington. Regular admission rates apply.
- Saturday, October 28th, 1-4pm – Halloween Celebration at Legacy Plaza sponsored by Safe Harbor Credit Union. This free event is open to the public and includes games, prizes, treats, and activities. Also includes downtown Trick-or-Treating from 2-4pm.
- Saturday, October 28th, 2023 from 7-11:30pm – Ludrock’s Night of Fright at Ludington Area Center for the Arts- 107 S. Harrison St, Ludington.
- Saturday, October 29th, 2023 from 12-4pm – Halloween Craft at Sandcastles Children’s Museum- 125 E. Ludington Ave., Ludington. Regular admission rates apply.
Fun Fall Events That Are Typically Held in Ludington
- Pumpkins for Change Pumpkin Decorating Contest at Betten Baker Ford- 3045 US 10, Ludington. Pumpkins will be available at Betten Baker Ford of Ludington for a $5 entry fee from October 19th-22nd and can be dropped back off when decorated (no later than October 25th at 6pm). The first place winner receives: 50% of the total entry fees collected (the other 50% will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation). The second place winner receives: gift card to a local business. Winners will be chosen and announced on October 26th to celebrate National Pumpkin Day. For more information, call(231) 845-5111.
- Halloween Charity Event at Photography by Sue Brown- 1676 W. Hansen Road, Scottville. Free photo with donation to United Way of Mason County.
Stay tuned for information on fall events in Ludington for 2023!
What's going on now in Ludington?
Discover more to do in Ludington!
Advertisement – Please scroll below for more information.
More Activities & Attractions in Ludington
Enjoy this small, relaxing park as an easy place to place your boat in the water or throw a line out to catch some pan fish for dinner.
There are many places for anglers to try their luck, and Ludington has such a great variety of fish. The area also has great charter captains.
The Mason County Sculpture Trail was launched in 2012 and includes nine sculptures in Ludington, Scottville, and Fountain.
Mason County is home to several trails that tell stories with fascinating histories. Explore these self-guided tours to learn about each one!
Enjoy a picnic by Upper Hamlin Lake. With grills, a pavilion and picnic tables available, this park provides the perfect family setting.
There are activities going on in the Ludington area to keep everyone happy all year long. Longstanding events make Ludington special.
The aerial view of Big Sable Point features Hamlin Lake, Ludington State Park, and Big Sable Point Lighthouse on Lake Michigan.
No matter your experience level, Ludington area charter captains will guide you in what to bring and what to expect on the big lake.
Ludington is alive with an array of artistic events that take place throughout the year. There’s music, photography, art galleries, and more.
Ludington has miles of beautiful beaches, the Ludington State Park, and all the activities that take place in Mother Nature’s playground.