The Ludington Skate Plaza is a popular spot for kids with skateboards or in-line skates, and also draws spectators to Stearns Park.
Photo by Todd & Brad Reed Photography
Ludington Offers Many Fun Winter Activities!
Michigan’s four seasons offer wonderful recreational activities for everyone. We hardy souls who brave the cold weather months are rewarded with fresh outdoor fun that reddens our cheeks and clears our minds. Enjoy cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, downhill skiing, sledding, ice skating, ice fishing, snowmobiling, and take in all the beautiful scenery of a Ludington winter!
The Holiday Season in Ludington
- Christmas Holiday Craft Shows & Bazaars
- New Year’s Eve Ball Drop
- Aglow on the Avenue Holiday Parade in downtown Ludington
- Winter at Ludington Area Center for the Arts.
West Michigan Holiday Highlights
Please Support Local Businesses
January – February Winter Events
- Winter Events at the Ludington State Park
- The Pure Ludington Brrrewfest
- Winter Events in Manistee County
- Winterfest in Pentwater
- Activities and events at West Shore Community College in Scottville
- Fishing Tournaments and Events
- Races in West Michigan
- Performances in West Michigan
- Family Friendly Events in West Michigan
More Winter in Ludington:
- Removing Ice and Snow from Your Roof
- Keep Up With Furnace Maintenance, Especially in the Winter
- Experience the Night Life in Ludington
- Ludington State Park’s Winter Activities, including Snowshoe Making Classes & Guided Snowshoe Walks
- Ludington Ice Fishing
- Ludington Ice Fishing Tournaments
- Head to Hamlin Lake for the Hottest Ice Fishing
- Where to Find a Fresh Christmas Tree
More Activities & Attractions in Ludington
Hamlin Lake is where you want to be. It offers terrific summer recreation, including swimming, boating, tubing, and more!
Ludington is alive with an array of artistic events that take place throughout the year. There’s music, photography, art galleries, and more.
Disc golf is a big deal here in the Ludington area, with up to 20,000 people per year visiting one of our six courses.
The Ludington Area Center for the Arts (LACA) is the gathering place for community expression through arts and cultural experiences.
Discover all of the different trails and tours that Ludington has to offer! Discover a water path, hiking trail, or an art work stop!
No matter your experience level, Ludington area charter captains will guide you in what to bring and what to expect on the big lake.
Ludington is home to several different museums for people of all ages! Highlighting our area’s careers, businesses, history, and culture!
Putt putt for a purpose by visiting the Ludington Area Jaycees Mini Golf Course in Stearns Park, right on Lake Michigan.
In addition to thousands of book titles, the Mason County District Library’s Ludington and Scottville branches provide many free programs.