Photo by Todd & Brad Reed Photography
Ludington Offers Many Fun Winter Activities!
Michigan’s four seasons offer wonderful recreational activities for everyone. We hardy souls who brave the cold weather months are rewarded with fresh outdoor fun that reddens our cheeks and clears our minds. Enjoy cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, downhill skiing, sledding, ice skating, ice fishing, snowmobiling, and take in all the beautiful scenery of a Ludington winter!
The Holiday Season in Ludington
- Christmas Holiday Craft Shows & Bazaars
- New Year’s Eve Ball Drop
- Aglow on the Avenue Holiday Parade in downtown Ludington
- Winter at Ludington Area Center for the Arts.
West Michigan Holiday Highlights
Please Support Local Businesses
January – February Winter Events
- Winter Events at the Ludington State Park
- The Pure Ludington Brrrewfest
- Winter Events in Manistee County
- Winterfest in Pentwater
- Activities and events at West Shore Community College in Scottville
- Fishing Tournaments and Events
- Races in West Michigan
- Performances in West Michigan
- Family Friendly Events in West Michigan
More Winter in Ludington:
- Removing Ice and Snow from Your Roof
- Keep Up With Furnace Maintenance, Especially in the Winter
- Experience the Night Life in Ludington
- Ludington State Park’s Winter Activities, including Snowshoe Making Classes & Guided Snowshoe Walks
- Ludington Ice Fishing
- Ludington Ice Fishing Tournaments
- Head to Hamlin Lake for the Hottest Ice Fishing
- Where to Find a Fresh Christmas Tree
Discover More of Ludington's Seasons
More Activities & Attractions in Ludington
West Michigan weather – they say if you don’t like the weather in Ludington, wait a few minutes and it will change.
Just blocks from the beach is the heart of downtown Ludington, where you can shop, dine, and enjoy summertime events.
Both beginners and experienced cyclists will enjoy the variety of trails available to explore in Ludington!
The aerial view of Big Sable Point features Hamlin Lake, Ludington State Park, and Big Sable Point Lighthouse on Lake Michigan.
A children’s flotilla that’s a miniature replica of the historic S.S. Badger carferry. Children get to ride in one of many “cars”.
Enjoy this small, relaxing park as an easy place to place your boat in the water or throw a line out to catch some pan fish for dinner.
Ludington’s North Breakwater Light is the number one lighthouse to see in Michigan! Take a trip along the breakwater path to see it up close!
Check out our picks for the top 50 coolest things to do in Ludington, Michigan, along the shores of Lake Michigan.
Ludington is home to several different museums for people of all ages! Highlighting our area’s careers, businesses, history, and culture!
Ludington has many beautiful beaches and parks to explore. Enjoy a day on the shores of Lake Michigan or take in the scenery at a local park.